2019 Northerns Inc. Club Rules
- Northerns Inc. is a FUN fishing club for those who like to fish for northern pike. It is expected that we all act in a respectable manner toward fellow fisher people and the public. Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in disqualification and loss of any money or points for that tournament.
- Club tournaments are based on a two (2)-person team. Entry fee is $40.00 per per boat – per tournament. Multiple Guests can be used during the year but one team member must be in the boat at each tournament.
- The starting time is 7:30 am with a grace period of one (1) hour (However, the team starting late must check in with the tournament director before fishing). Check in will be by 7:15 am. Those checking in late will be penalized 10% of their total weight. Ending time is 3:30 pm sharp. Arrival at weigh-in after 3:30 pm results in disqualification.
- Members in good standing with any Northern Inc. Chapter can fish club tournaments. Each tournament team MUST fish a minimum of one club tournaments prior to the annual “Classic Tournament” to qualify fishing the “Classic.” Those team(s) who do not qualify to fish the “Classic” will, however, be able to fish the club tournament on the day of the “Classic.”
- Each team may weigh a max of 5 fish per tournament. All fish between 22” – 26” must be released immediately per State Law. Only 2 fish per team can be over 26”.
- Club tournaments have no bait restrictions. All contestants must comply with State Laws.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three (3) teams at each tournament (top 4 if 15 or more boats) and the smallest 3 fish stringer. Points will be awarded for each tournament to be accumulated for year-end awards. A 20 point scale is used with 1st place getting 20 points, 2nd getting 19 points, 3rd getting 18, etc. Largest fish (Lunker) for the year will receive an award.
- A tie in points at the end of the year will be decided by total weight for the year.
- In club tournaments, in case of a tie in weight, points will be awarded to the team with the largest fish. If still tied, then the team with the most fish. If still tied, a flip of the coin will decide the results.
- All live fish must be released. Fish must swim upright on its own. Unreleased fish will be deducted 2 ounces per pound from the dead fish weight. The Tournament Director will be the authority to decide whether a fish is to be released. That decision will be BINDING AND FINAL.
- There may be live well checks prior to each tournament.
- Boats must have a live well or cooler system capable of keeping fish alive.
- Any fish gaffed, stringered, handled by the eyes or otherwise abused will not be accepted.
- The club tournament schedule consists of eight (8) tournaments. Year-end standings will be the total of team points from their six (6) best tournaments.
- Any infractions of the above rules shall be immediately reported to the Tournament Director.
Classic Tournament Rules
- Each team must fish at least one Northerns Inc club tournament prior to qualifying for fishing in the “Classic Tournament.” This does not mean a new team cannot participate in the regular club tournament.
- The Classic tournament in 2019 will be a two day tournament. The winning team will be determined by the total weight of the teams’ fish for the two days.
- Weigh in will be at the Kilworry Resort.
- Fourteen (14) boats or less will pay back Three (3) places. (50%, 30%, & 20%)
- Fifteen (15) boats or more will pay back Five (5) places. (40%, 30%, 15%, 10 %, & 5%)
The entry fee is $100.00 per team. Each team must pay in full prior to fishing the tournament. No refunds.